Monday, April 25, 2011

GREAT auction finds on the Eastern Shore!

Happy post Easter everyone! I hope y'all enjoyed a festive weekend with your families....we sure did and the weather was GORGEOUS!!

As I mentioned earlier, I hit the junk trail on Saturday morning and ended up at a Countryside Auction in Hopeton, VA. Ironically, everything I wanted, no one elsw was interested in so I did pretty well!! What GREAT therapy!! Thanks to my dear cuz Bucky for sticking it out with me til the bitter end! After all, that's when you can REALLY get stuff cheap!! Here are a few pics of what I got!

 DARLING ironstone fish mold  

Victorian silverplate cruet set


Large ironstone lazy susan. VERY COOL!!


 All three finds together!!

The lazy susan had a mold ring in the center of it which I cleared up fairly quickly by just pouring bleach right on the spot and letting it sit for a couple of hours. I finished it off by setting the lazy susan in the bright sun to thoroughly dry. It looks great!
As for the silver plate cruet holder, it's going to take some elbow grease to remove the black tarnish but I will perservere and show you what it looks like when I'm done! The bottles are all in good shape and just need a good cleaning!
The butter mold is only 3.5" x 5", just like an index card. I actually put softened butter into it for our Easter dinner on Satuday night and it came out great!
I'll be antiquing in Orange County, VA this coming weekend.....stay tuned for more Fab Finds!! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment